Thursday, 18 September 2014

Antique Sampler 2

 I am so far through this sampler and realising that it just isn't working. 
The background linen colour is just too similar in shade to the threads I'm using to cross stitch. They have photographed ok but in daylight they are so pale you can hardy see some of the letters.
Its so upsetting to get even this far and have to think of stopping.
I'm in a dilemma of what to do now, do I carry on or stop and make what I have into a banner for a book cover or pencil case?


2 comments:

millefeuilles said...

The same thing happened to me several years ago! It really is a beautiful piece of work (aren't those threads fabulous? Are they cotton or silk?) I would gently urge you to use what you have done and turn it into something useful. I really, really think it would be a shame not to use it.

Stephanie

❤ Porcupine Design ❤ said...

Many thanks for your suggestion, they are silks and about half of the alphabet is barely visible, its such a shame. Its a kit that I bought over the internet so wasn't able to fully see the colours - although to be fair it wasn't until I started stitching that the problem became evident. Think you might be right and try and re-use it for another project.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...