Wednesday, 23 July 2014

Sparkle...

There are so many patterns and inspirational ideas on Pinterest for jewellery made from yarn.
Honestly, if you get the chance to have a look... please do.
Working on small projects such as these gives instant gratification and its a splendid way of using up the odd ball of yarn too!!!
I'm working on my own design taken from ideas of two other patterns. The yarn I'm using is Wendy Supreme 100per cent luxury cotton dk, its 100g ball that was £1.50 in the bargain basket at my local wool shop. It is absolutely beautiful, a real joy to stitch with, so very pretty. It is a pale grey colour with a delicate silver thread running through.
I thought initially to use it as a border for a shawl or to add interest to one of the fair isle face cloths I've been knitting, but since pinning about yarn jewellery I thought it would be an idea choice, with the silver representing metal.
Its going to be quite a large piece!
 
XxX 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...