Wednesday, 9 July 2014

Funny goings on in the night...

Ever since my illness 5 years ago I'm absolute rubbish at trying to sleep at night
 - hence the timing of posting this.
It does have a few advantages though...
❤ - Its nice and quiet and very relaxing (not so much so that I fall asleep though!)
❤ - I can watch what I want to on TV (well on the laptop) - its great to catch up on the TV box sets around at the mo. I've just finished Vikings and Game of Thrones -  Season 4.
I can't recommend them enough, absolutely fantastic!!!
❤ - I can carry on uninterrupted, doing my knitting & crochet and other stitching.
I just don't seem to be able to find time during the day like other crafters can. I also think I am really slow at this because it takes me forever to finish anything. I am truly in awe of other people and just how quickly they can finish a project.The ladies at my knitting club seem to go more at my pace though, they have even had a go at me being swift and asked when do I find the time to do the dusting?
The fair isle neck warmer is now finished but not blocked. I am also a bit obsessed with the weaving-in bit at the back of my knitting, its been very enjoyable mastering this technique.
The actual neck warmer looks different from the pattern in the book because of the alternative yarn choices, even though I still followed the chart. But still,  I am still enormously happy with it. Its very soft and has a bit of an authentic Shetland look to it ... I think...
The face cloth is finished and I have just cast on another. I can see these things getting highly addictive. I'm using the same yarn but different colours this time.
Lastly this night time picture is the view from my bed across the bedside table.

1 comment:

Niki Thomas said...

Such gorgeous colour choices! You're very clever because it's the thing I find the hardest. Especially love the washcloth in grey fair isle and have pinned it.
I've ordered the book too, inspired by your knitting!
http://www.pinterest.com/nikithomas123/
Kind regards, Niki.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...