Thursday, 22 May 2014

Gran's Crochet Broomstick Bag

 
 
 
Thought I would post Grans broomstick crochet bag that she must have made ages ago (At least 30 years I'm thinking). She used to keep her tin hair pins in there, although she must have lost a few through those holes. Its a lovely stitch and quite easy to do. There are loads of tutorials to be found on Pinterest. I have been using it all these years to keep my hair slides & clips in but recently have decided to line it. All I need now is some Liberty lining fabric!
The piece of embroidery in the last photo was enclosed when I bought another sewing item from the internet. Its really lovely but alas there is no information other than the year it was made. I am surmising that it was completed by a girl, possibly in her early teens or younger. Anyway I love it and its sits on my noteboard filled with other embroidery bits and stitched samplers.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...