Saturday, 8 March 2014

Cross Stitch Buttons on Linen

 
 
I have always wanted to make my own buttons.
Years ago, when I used to make all my own clothes, I would use matching fabric to cover buttons for skirts and blouses etc. A while back in  Mollie Makes the free gift was a button kit upon which you could embroider a doodle on. I really can't embroider doodles but I can do cross stitch and even though the count on the linen supplied in this kit was teeny, I had a go at cross stitching some button covers.
For two of the buttons I adapted a Cath Kidston pattern from her book Stitch. I constantly find it a source of inspiration, especially for the smaller projects.
Now all I have to do is find somewhere to attach them to!

1 comment:

Alessandra Poggiagliolmi said...

gorgeous buttons!!!!!!
xxxxx Ale

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...