Tuesday, 21 January 2014

RedWork - a cross stitch study on the letter "J"

I have some odd sized scraps of linen 28 count, which are great to practice cross stitch work on. I have a clipboard that I keep these completed pieces attached.
I rarely frame these pieces and don't know what else to do with them at the time, but its nice to use them as a source of reference for stitches and pattern. Almost like a scrap book.
The Red Work J's pictured above are taken from my collection of antique alphabets that I have sourced from the internet and antique needlework alphabet charts.
You can find most on my Pinterest board here.

2 comments:

Daisy Debs said...

So very pretty. I think that "Red Work " is beginning to call to me ....but I must first finish my cushion !
However I,ll be on the look out for the red threads : )

Porcupine Jane said...

The search for the perfect red thread is indeed like searching for the holy grail...honestly!
If you do find some lovely colours then let me know. ~Good luck with your cushion. pj.xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...