Tuesday, 28 January 2014

I Love Crochet and Cross Stitch Together xxx

 
 
 
 
I love to cross stitch and for the past year or so have been inspired by alternative media for this stitch (Pinterest board here).
It is so lovely to work a piece of crochet and really see the detail of each stitch highlighted in such a way.
I seem to go from one extreme to the other these days, working on 35 count to double crochet on 4ply!!!. The above is a sample piece I am working on using the classic Cath Kidston Provence Rose stitch pattern.
 I've used this many times as it so pretty and quick to stitch.
I am going to take this further and make a cushion cover and crochet the border with the shell pattern in the above photo. This idea can be seen in Jane Crowfoots 'Homespun Vintage' she has some lovely examples of embroidery and cross stitch on double crochet pieces. It is well work buying.
I hope you are inspired as much as I am.
xxx

3 comments:

pixie miks a lot said...

Oh my goodness! I am absolutely and totally in love with what you made!!! It's georgious...
I am immediately going to pin it and try something like that too.

millefeuilles said...

With a snap of your magical fingers the grey morning has disappeared! I absolutely adore pink and your work here is exquisite.

Happy weekend to you.

Stéphanie

ps I have also fallen in love with your William Morris quilt in your previous post. May I ask you for advice some day? I've just started patchworking and I am already addicted!

Alessandra Poggiagliolmi said...

beautiful work!!!!
xxxxxx Ale

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...