Thursday, 2 January 2014

Cross Stitch Bird PinCushion

   


This linen is the fabric from a M&S skirt of moms can you believe! I like it because obviously its free and also it has an added rustic texture that you don't get with bought linen made for cross stitch. I'm not sure what the count is but its tiny, maybe 35? It really gives it an antique look which works well with this sampler.
Its the first time I've made anything like this, but its a style that works well with the house and my collection of antique sewing notions. The chart is from With thy Needle & Thread but I didn't do it justice when sewing it together. My printer is broken and I couldn't print off the bird shape template and ended up just guessing.
I will unpick it when printer is working and re-sew.
One thing I do need to work on is finishing off my work properly.
Happy New Year
XxX

1 comment:

millefeuilles said...

I simply had to pop in, catch up with your most recent inspiring pictures and wish you a very happy, peaceful and magical New Year! May your year be full of inspiration.

Stephanie

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...