Friday, 15 November 2013

Marc Jacobs Inspired Crochet Shawl

$1,800 for WTF??  I will never understand fashion! @TimGunn please explain!  {Hand crocheted waffle-knit wool shawl in an array of colors. Embellished with removable oversized metal safety pin. 100% Wool with Nylon and Rayon.*The skirt from this look can be purchased at Marc Jacobs boutique stores.}
This shawl retailed at an eye watering £1,120 ($1,800) and it sold lots!
It is Marc Jacobs hand crocheted waffle-knit wool shawl from last Autumn's Collection. (the link has now gone but I found these images above on Pinterest which had been originally taken from the  Marc Jacobs Website). The crochet shawl came in an array of colours, the most popular being pale grey/green or purple/copper. the contrasting colours were gorgeous colour pops in metallic yarns. Materials used were 100% Wool with Nylon and Rayon. The designer embellished this shawl with a removable oversized metal safety pin.

I personally thought this shawl was a beautiful modern day interpretation of a vintage crochet stitch, a real piece of genius! In fact, I was so inspired last autumn I started to make my own version of this beautiful shawl.
 
Its such a lovely shawl and really easy to make. If even looks good as a blanket or small throw! I have hooked on another shawl in the softest lambs wool in a natural colour way with a light grey contrasting yarn.
If anyone is interested in this pattern, then I can write up my notes for you and post it.
Let me know.x

13 comments:

Sabhyata - Indian Fashion Boutique said...

that's nice fashion boutique of hats !!

Shakumbhari said...

loved the online boutique !!

Anonymous said...

I want! I want, pleeeeaaase!!
sarita

Alessandra Poggiagliolmi said...

beautiful shawl!!!!!
xxxx Ale

Yvonne Creanga said...

Please could you share the basic idea of the pattern?
Thank you

millefeuilles said...

That is truly beautiful! Wow! The colours are perfect in my opinion.

I've left you a couple of responses to your lovely comment on my blog.

Warmest wishes,

Stephanie

Stephe said...

so lovely!

Emilia Cross said...

yes, please post instructions!! i would love to make this. so modern.. amazing!

Deb said...

Would love to have a pattern for this! You did such a great job creating your version of the original. Thanks

Anonymous said...

I would love love love the pattern/instructions. Pretty please post them? ^_^

Sarah said...

Love the idea, and yours turned out so gorgeous!! Please post the pattern, even a rough idea of how you made it would be so helpful! Thank you for sharing :)

Merci-Notes said...

Love your interpretation as well as all of your work. Perhaps you can write up the instructions and pin them? A perfect wrap for we in the U.S. right now! BRRR.

With Kindness,
Mary

❤ Porcupine Design ❤ said...

If you look down the right hand side of my blog there is a link to the free pattern for this shawl under the heading free patterns. Hope this helps. XxxxX

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...